VENTURE CONCEPT (ALL Tracks)
- How would you rate the level of innovation in this concept?
- Overall, how viable would you consider this venture proposal?
- Were you able to understand the value proposition clearly?
- Does this concept have the potential to compete in the marketplace?
- Does the team demonstrate that they understand their market/industry?
PRESENTATION (ALL Tracks)
- How compelling (confident, energetic, convincing) was the presentation?
- Did the presentation adequately focus on key aspects of the venture given the limited time frame?
- Did the team appear professional, well-prepared, and cohesive?
- How well did the team demonstrate a full understanding of the venture?
- How effective were visuals/charps/props in aiding the presentation?
EXTENDED EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
- Does the summary adequately address key aspects of the venture (value prop, revenue model, financials, etc.)?
- Is the summary clearly organized and professionally written?
- How well does the summary communicate a vision with a roadmap of milestones to get there?
- How professional is the layout and design of the document?
- Does the summary show some evidence of primary or secondary research?
TRACK SPECIFIC Questions (Commercial- High Tech)
- How would you rate the longevity/stability of this venture in a rapidly changing market?
- How capable does the team appear to be in developing this product/service?
TRACK SPECIFIC Questions (Commercial- Low Tech)
- What potential does this startup have to reach profitability?
- How well does this product/service differentiate itself from competitors?
TRACK SPECIFIC Questions (Social/Sustainable)
- How clearly defined is the purpose of this social venture?
- How well can this venture address the social need/problem indicated?
Track Finals/Finals Questions (not applicable in Elevator Pitch or Semifinals)
- How well would Carolina Challenge prize money be utilized for this venture?
- How likely would you be to invest in this company?